Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Rack-it Truck Rack Saves The Truck From Falling Tree



Here's a great story and testimonial we just received:

"I live near Twain Harte, California and just thought I would send you a couple of pictures from last winter. A giant oak tree limb fell from the weight of snow in the first storm of the season, hit two other trees, breaking more limbs off. The photos show where one of the limbs hit the front/top of my 1996 Ford F250. I have a rackit rack installed and it saved my truck from major damage. The rack over the cab was bent down enough that the passenger side door would not open, when I chain sawed the trees away, I found that the only damage was a 4 inch diameter dent in the corner of the cab and cracked joints on the rack,the rack sprang back up(not quite all the way, still usable though). 

I wanted you to know that I am very pleased with the rack on my truck, I use it alot and I will be replacing it with a new one soon."

Roy Sauls
Twain Harte, CA


What's interesting about this is that this tree fell on the weakest portion of the rack, the front of the over-cab extension, yet it was strong enough to do the job. If the tree had fallen on the center portion of the rack, there likely would have been no damage to the rack at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment